Pennisetum Rubrum Grass
Pennisetum Rubrum, or Red Fountain Grass, stands out from other ornamental grasses due to its stunning colors and plume-like flower clusters. Standing 4 to 5 feet tall, Red Fountain Grass’s deep burgundy leaves are topped with red inflorescence that that bow beautifully over landscape features or flower gardens. Pennisetum Rubrum prefers full to partial sun and will serve as an evergreen in warm climates. It is hardy in zones 9 through 11. In colder climates that don’t drop below 20 degrees Fahrenheit, the grass can be perennial, going dormant in cold-weather months. Plant as an annual in cold-weather zones. Grass requires minimal watering once established, with more watering needed in extra-dry climates or when planted in pots. Pennisetum Rubrum ships live and ready to plant in 1-quart pots.
- Stunning ornamental grass grows to a height of 4 to 5 feet and a width of 3 to 4 feet.
- Deep burgundy foliage yields to foot-long red inflorescent plumes that arch gracefully outward.
- Statement grass makes an ideal backdrop for any landscaping feature or flower garden that receives full or partial sun.
- Plant is hardy in zones 9 through 11 and will serve as a perennial in areas whose temperatures do not drop below 20 degrees Fahrenheit; plant as an annual in other zones.
- Grass ships live and ready to plant in 1 quart pots.