Angelonia Carita, more commonly known as Summer Snapdragons, make an interesting addition to any garden. These freely branding plants feature spiky, lance-shaped foliage and spikes of bright flowers with a semi-trailing habit that makes they an excellent addition to containers and baskets. An annual in most zones, these drought resistant plants are perennial in zones 9 through 11. They will bloom through almost all of the summer’s heat without deadheading or pruning. Plants grow 16 to 20 inches tall and spread 14 to 18 inches. Requiring ample sun, Angelonia Carita only need to be watered when soil is completely dry.
- Colorful, drought-resistant blooms offer a beautiful option for warm-weather gardens with ample sun.
- Bright flowers grow on slim spikes that grow 16 to 20 inches tall and droop slight to create a cascading effect.
- Blooms of the summer snapdragon attract hummingbirds, butterflies and bees, and are resistant to deer.
- Summer snapdragons are perfect for containers and borders.
- Low-maintenance plants require little watering and no deadheading or pruning.