6" Hypoestes Confetti Red
- Tropical plant valued for its unique, variegated foliage.
- Confetti Red Hyopestes features bright red “polka dots” on dark green foliage.
- Plants thrive in full sun and grow to be about 8 inches tall.
- Hypoestes thrives in humid climates; soil should be kept moist, and the plant benefits from occasional misting.
- Shoots that grow longer than 15 inches should be pinched off to avoid the plant becoming leggy.
* Ships the first week of December.
Often called referred as a “polka dot” plant, hypoestes is a tropic plant that makes a lovely houseplant due to its interesting variegated foliage. Hypoestes confetti red features bright red spots on deep green leaves. The plants grow to be about 8 inches tall, with longer shoots; regular pruning prevents the plants from becoming overly thin. Keeping plants in bright light helps ensure that leaves will grow in vibrant colors. Keep soil moist during the summer months, when the plant will be generating new growth. Scale back watering in the winter, especially if the plant shows signs of going dormant. Only resume watering once new growth appears in the spring. Hypoestes do well in pots with other plants and make an excellent accent plant. Most often grown indoors, they can be planted in outdoor pots of flowerbeds as annuals.