6" Hypoestes Confetti Rose
- Tropical plant valued for its interesting, spotted variegated foliage.
- Confetti Rose Hyopestes features beautiful rose pink “polka dots” on dark green foliage.
- Plants thrive in full sun and grow to be about 8 inches tall.
- Hypoestes thrives in humid climates; soil should be kept moist, and the plant benefits from occasional misting.
- Shoots that grow longer than 15 inches should be pinched off to avoid the plant becoming leggy.
*Ships the first week of December.
The so-called “polka dot” plant for its spotted, variegated foliage, hypoestes makes for an interested indoor plant, either on its own or as part of an arrangement. Hypoestes confetti rose features vibrant, rose-colored pink spots on deep green leaves. Indoors, the plants grow to be about 8 inches tall, and it will generate longer offshoots. Pruning back shoots that grow to longer than 15 inches, along with any flower buds that may sprout, will keep foliage thick. Hypoestes confetti prefer bright light, and plants that don’t receive adequate light may not develop vibrant colors. Soil should be kept moist during the summer months when the plant generates new growth. Watering should be reduced in the winter, especially if the plant shows signs of going dormant and only resumed once new growth appears in the spring. Hypoestes do well in pots with other plants and make an excellent accent plant. Most often grown indoors, they can be planted in outdoor pots of flowerbeds as annuals.